Basic Entry Criteria for Express Entry Pool
For you to enter to Express Entry Pool, you need to meet minimum criteria for one of following skilled worker programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP);
- Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP); OR
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
You DO NOT require to secure points under selection factors from these programs, but simply meet the minimum criteria.
Following are minimum criteria for above programs:
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
You must have at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience:
- in a single occupation;
- within last 10 years;
- at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification(NOC)
You must meet minimum language levels and include the results of a language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) when you apply that shows you meet the minimum language requirement of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7.
You must have
- a Canadian diploma, certificate, or credentialOR
- a foreign educational credential, and an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) by an agency approved by CIC to show it is equal to a completed Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational credential.
Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP)
- plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Note: The province of Quebec chooses its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information),
- meet the required levels in English or French for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening),
- have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply,
- meet all job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), and
- have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body.
Canadian Experience Class
You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:
- plan to live outside the province of Quebec,
- have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
- have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
- meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).